Dr. Dave Currie
Dr. Dave Currie cares. He has been counselling individuals, couples and families for over 3 decades. Beyond directing DFR and teaching and coaching scores of people through seminars and conferences, he does extensive writing both online and in publications (over 350 articles). While the majority of his time is spent in preventative education, he allots up to a third of his time in his counselling practice.
Click here to request counselling with Dr. Dave
1. Experience and Expertise
Dr. Dave has been engaged in people helping for nearly 40 years. Counselling individuals, couples and families through relational and life stresses has always been his passion. The following list is a sample of issues you’ll find Dr. Dave more than competent to help you with:
- Communication Impasses
- Conflict Resolution
- Facing Marital Breakdown and Distance
- Sexual problems
- Spiritual Growth
- Financial Stresses
- Destructive Family of Origin Baggage
- Extra-Marital Affair Recovery
- Overcoming Pornography in Marriage
- Premarital Preparation
- Divorce & Re-marriage Issues
- General Parenting Problems
- Fighting over Parenting Styles
- Parent-Teenager Battles
- Blended Family Issues
- Interfamily Reconciliation
- Emotionally Troubled Children and Youth (age 8 and up)
- Pre-teen or Teen Porn Addiction
- Adolescent Behavioral or Delinquency Issues
- Depression, cutting and suicidal ideation of youth
- Personal Baggage
- Spiritual Guidance
- Battling Pornography
- Recovery from a Divorce
- Adult Victims of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Mid-Career Transitions or Job Loss
- Conflict Resolution in Business Dealings
- Training for Counselors and Paraprofessionals
2. Professional Credentials
Ph.D. – DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN EDUCATION – Marriage & Family Issues
Trinity International University, Deerfield, IL, 1995
M.A. – MASTER OF ARTS IN EDUCATION- Adolescent Development
Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, IL, 1981
M.A. – MASTER OF ARTS IN COUNSELING PSYCHOLOGY –
Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Deerfield, IL, 1980
B.R.E. – BACHELOR OF RELIGIOUS EDUCATION – Youth Issues
Briercrest Bible College, Caronport, SK, 1976
3. Professional Designations
Dr. Dave is a certified Sexual Recovery Therapist and a registered clinician with the American Association of Sexual Addiction Therapists (AASAT), and as such specializes in helping individuals and couples successfully battle through the challenge of overcoming pornography and sexual addiction.
Dr. Dave is an accountable Mental Health Professional, a Designation of BC Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC) and as such is a Registered Clinical Counsellor – License # 11146. Some employee benefits packages and extended medical insurance cover personal and family counselling. Check with your provider.
Dr. Dave is an approved counsellor within the Crime Victim Assistance Program and as such, approved counselees may request his counselling services within this program and be covered $80.00 per session.
Dr. Dave is a Certified Consultant with Birkman International Inc., and as such is trained in administering the deepest and most comprehensive professional assessment method for an individual that is proven to give incredible gain and insight in leadership development and life relationships within business and the home.
Dr. Dave is a Certified Associate with CRG Assessment Systems and is trained in using a host of life development tools including the Personal Styles Indicator or PSI.
4. Worldview and Counselling Perspective
Dr. Dave views on life and people are based on his deep and life-changing faith in God. While his beliefs clearly shape his perspective, he respects the life journey that each person is on and will integrate spiritual discussion as determined by the client.
5. Counselling Options
- In Office–$160/session. For those living within driving distance of Abbotsford in BC’s Fraser Valley, sessions are available directly with Dr. Dave. Session Length – 50 minutes.
- By Phone or via Skype or Face Time–$160/session. Where distance limits direct personal access, phone or online counseling has been very effective. Session Length – 55 minutes.
- Marriage Intensives for Couples desiring a Radical Marital Turnaround.
• 2-Day Couple Intensive–$2800. Includes 19 hours of marriage counselling (16 hours during the two days and three 1-hour follow-up sessions). Couples are responsible for travel, meals, accommodation and phone charges on the follow-up sessions. Intensives usually take place at the Currie’s Home. Lunch and snacks on the two days will be provided.
• 1-Day Couple Intensive–$1500. Includes 10 hours of marriage counselling (8 hours on the day and a two 1-hour follow-up sessions). Couples are responsible for travel, meals, accommodation and phone charges on the follow-up sessions. Intensives usually take place at the Currie’s Home. Lunch and snacks on the day will be provided.
- Marriage Intensives for Sexual Addiction Recovery (3–4 days required). Contact Dr. Dave directly for details.
6. Payment for Services
Counselling fees are due at the time of the session and can be paid in cash, check or credit card. Checks are to be made out to Dr. Dave Currie. Use of credit card for payment is available when paying for multiple sessions (5 or more) and after paying for your first session. Credit card payment is also an option when paying for Marriage Intensives.
With notification of less than 24 hours, clients are required to pay full price for the missed session.
7. Making a Counselling Request
Regardless of the nature of the issues in your marriage or family, interested individuals or couples should inquire directly by email through this site leaving their contact information, the nature of their request and a brief summary of the situation. You will be contacted directly by Dr. Dave or fill out the counselling request form below.
8. Dave’s Office Location
DFR Care Centre
31107 Peardonville Rd.
Abbotsford, BC, Canada V2T 6T9
For directions to get to the DFR Care Centre travelling from East of Abbotsford, click HERE
For directions to get to the DFR Care Centre travelling from West of Abbotsford, click HERE