Marriage: Sex ~ Now You’re Talking!
A Couple Discussion Starter
1. Set up a DATE to talk about only your sex life.
- Outside the bedroom
- Without interruptions
- Don’t be in a rush
2. Be willing to HONESTLY OPEN UP about your concerns and your delights.
Warning: This could be the hardest step!
3. Use the following QUESTIONS as your starting point.
- Is this a comfortable conversation for you? Why or why not?
- What factors influenced your attitude towards sex growing up?
- How would you describe the sexual expectations you brought to marriage?
- What have you learned sexually about your spouse since marriage?
- What have you surprisingly learned about your own sexual needs/desires?
- What part could you see yourself playing in making your sex life more satisfying?
- What one hurdle if overcome would give you greater freedom sexually?
- How could you as a couple add variety to your sex life?
- What could you do to feel more sexy or good about yourself?
- Do you feel physically desired and wanted by your spouse?
4. DISCUSS ISSUES that come out of these questions.
- You MUST be a safe place for your spouse to be able to talk freely.
- Take personal responsibility by starting your sentences with “I” versus “You”. Avoid pointing fingers!
- Remind each other that this conversation is meant to draw you both closer.
5. NEGOTIATE to the beginnings of compromise.
- Work to be a great lover. Learn. Grow. Adapt. Risk. Care deeper!
- Your sexual relationship is a lifetime journey of discovery and delight.
“Remember that compromise is the art of dividing the cake in a way that everyone believes he has gotten the biggest piece.”
© By Dr. Dave Currie & Christie Rayburn – November 2008. All Rights Reserved. Original work was developed in conjunction with the TV show “Marriage Uncensored with Dave & Christie”. Enjoy Sex: Now You’re Talking by visiting this link – www.marriageuncensored.com/show.php